Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sea Shepherd Sunday Sale Success

So Sunday saw Sea Shepherd New York's vegan bake sale in Montclair, NJ, where we raised nearly $2,700 for Sea Shepherd. We were hosted by the lovely Go Lightly Eco-Store, and received generous (and delicious!) donations from The Cinnamon Snail, Rutherford Pancake House and RAWbundant in addition to all our lovely homemade baked goods. I contributed some roasted garlic biscuits (my own recipe) and sea life themed gingerbread cookies from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar. The biscuits didn't look like much of anything, but here are some process shots of the cookies:


I love the idea of the octopus cookies, but they were fiddly as all get out. You definitely need more patience than I have to use them without breaking half your cookies.

Having the piping skills of a five-year-old makes it clear that these cookies are homemade.

My happy fish looks a little too happy, if you ask me. Like, this happy.

Other people were kind enough to take photos at the actual event. You can see them here.

For me, one of the best parts of the day was the official Sea Shepherd merchandise. It was cold and I needed to do laundry (still do), so I made quite a few purchases:

Those are some of the most comfortable shirts I own right now. Seriously. All that, and much more, is available in Sea Shepherd's online store. Or, if you're in the NYC area, stop by Sea Shepherd NYC's table at VegFest on October 23. We don't charge shipping!

No comments: