Sunday, November 18, 2007

Polenta Revisited

As mentioned a few days ago, I made the Soft Poppy-Seed Polenta from Veganomicon last weekend. I doubled the recipe so I basically had a metric assload of polenta to eat and by this weekend, it got a little boring (still tasty, but boring). So I decided to experiment with what I had left. I broke out my last container of polenta, mashed it with some nutritional yeast, and put it in a muffin tin and broiled it per the Veganomicon instructions.



The Veganomicon technique worked great, but mixing the nutritional yeast into the polenta prevented it from firming up like it should. I like the creaminess it added and sprinkling it over the top was a nice touch, though. After broiling it got just firm enough to be eaten by hand (OK, a few fell apart, but never into more than two pieces).

This was my first time working with nutritional yeast and I consider it a moderate success. 3/5 points.

What does soft polenta look like after sitting in a container in the fridge for a week?



Mashed and nooched:



Tinned and re-nooched:

No comments: