Monday, January 14, 2013

Here We Go Again

As you may have gathered from my last post*, I find the current situation in Taiji, Japan very upsetting. So I'm going back. Next month, I will rejoin Sea Shepherd at the Cove for Operation Infinite Patience, where I will help stop Japan's dolphin slaughter. I hope to update this blog regularly from Japan. In addition, I'll be tweeting and the Cove Guardians have a Facebook page and Twitter account and post updates on Sea Shepherd's website.

Travel to Japan is expensive, so I'm doing a bit of fundraising to help me on my way. There are four ways you can help, if you'd like:

1. Buy some of the knitwear I have for sale. I hope to put more things up over time, but here's what I have so far:








Triangle scarf type thing. As you can see, it's pretty versatile. I love it, but it took so long to make that I can't look at it anymore. Yarn is a cotton/linen blend. Care instructions: hand wash cool, lay flat to dry, starch if the corner curls up. Price: $40 or best offer.





More versatile neckwear! 100% organic cotton. Care instructions: hand wash cool, lay flat to dry. Price: $50 or best offer. SOLD! Thank you!

2. Commission a custom knit piece. Prices depend on how much yarn and time it takes to make. I use plant based fibers and limited recycled synthetics only.

3. Order some baked goods. Here's what's on offer:

Gingerbread Dolphins: $25/~2 dozen

Sea Shepherd Jolly Roger Flag Chocolate Cookies: Made with black onyx cocoa powder. $30/ ~2 dozen

Black Flag Chocolate Cookies: Punk ain't dead. $25/~2 dozen

Pesto Pinwheels: Kind of like cinnamon rolls, but with basil pesto inside and "glazed" with garlic infused olive oil. $40/dozen

Asparagus Muffins: Slightly garlicy very asparagusy. $25/dozen

Roasted Garlic Biscuits: Serious garlic lovers only, please. $25/dozen

Jalapeno Corn Muffins: Jalapeno peppers diced small and sauteed for all the flavor without the fire. $25/dozen

Pepperoni Pizza Pretzels: Massive soft whole wheat pretzels stuffed with homemade TVP pepperoni, Daiya vegan cheese and tomato sauce. $50/six

4. Share this information with your friends. Maybe they'll want to buy something. Or they'll just want to learn about how they can help Sea Shepherd protect the oceans. Either way, it's a win.

Here are some of the things I made to raise money last year:









To place an order, please email me at seitansaiddance @ gmail . com. Thanks!


* Speaking of my last post: I was wrong! You don't need an ice cream maker to make the green tea mochi ice cream in Vegan Eats World! Just a microwave! I made it on New Year's Eve and it was a bit of a project, but COMPLETELY worth it.

1 comment:

vegan.in.brighton said...

It's so rad that you're going to Japan again!